Tuesday, May 26, 2009

W.E.X.












Job

"Ring! Ring! Order Up!" I handed the cashier the greasy fries, and the saturated fat look as if it was grimacing. The cashier might as well said, "Heart attack on a tray, Order up!" I looked out the little square window, I saw our customers eating off the dirty trays. The chairs would squeak with even the slightest of movement. To top it all off, people were eating out heart attack burgers. It was nasty, people were smacking on their food and let the crumbs just fall onto the tray. I went back to my stove,waiting for the next order to arrive. I waited, and waited, and waited but no new orders. So I sat down and gazed around the kitchen. It was despicable, if a health inspector saw this kitchen, we would surely be shut down. There was dried up grease and rust all over the stove and walls. The kitchen reeked of mold and what smelled like a dead rat. For a second I concentrated on the smell for too long, and had to cover my nose from the wretched smell. The kitchen was really dark, so I turned on a few extra lights, even though my cheap penny pincher boss might have a fit. I the lights flickered on, and brighten the room. There it was in the corner, was the dead rat I had smelled.


Grocery Bag

"Clean Up on aisle four!" I heard from afar. Some teenager had thrown up all over the floor. This was the busiest tome for the Trader Joe's because it was lunch time, and all those ignorant high schoolers from High Tech High village come barging through the doors. My owner had pushed me against the wall as if I was just a regular paper bag, but I'm a sexy reusable bag. "OW!", I responded to the shove as the kids came charging down the aisles. She couldn't hear me over the roar of their feet. I could see the fear and confusion in her eyes as the kids carelessly shoved her. After the little parade of kids, she walked over to the next aisle and started feeling m up with all kinds of stuff: All natural Orange Juice, Pirate Booty, sushi, and some gum. We were waiting and we finally made it to the register. She purchased her items and she paid with these little green papers. She was about to throw me away in the trash can outside, but I reminded her that I was a re-usable bag and she just smiled and took me to the car.


WEX:Back to the Basics

The tension was building as me and my cousins were staring eye-to-eye with a wild donkey. We took the first step, slowly pacing forward. The donkey reacted and started backing up slowly. We froze as the donkey decided to move a couple steps forward. We were like 4-5 feet away from it. Then bam! Out of no where, one of my cousins took off and headed towards the campsite were all the adults were. We slowly followed in his footsteps, and backed a couple paces back. It followed us to the bridge. We thought it would stop there so we casually walked over the bridge. I turned my head, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw the donkey follow us across the bridge. My other cousins caught my gaze, and started walking faster. It ended up following us all the way back. As soon as we hit the campsite, my cousin was already next to his uncle. We turned around, and there it was... the donkey!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. I really liked the way in "Job" you added little details such as " was the dead rat I had smelled." and "my cheap penny pincher boss". These little details made the story come to life. Also, adding a personification: "saturated fat look as if it was grimacing." really made that nasty visual come into my head. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your third story, and could easily imagine the moment you decribed.

    ReplyDelete